Where to go...

Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Difference(s) Between Knowing and Learning

Here's what I know about myself:

When I am on the verge of learning something new, I have to mentally prepare myself for the pending obsession. Let me explain it like this... My brain and my stomach work much the same way. When I'm hungry, I eat quickly (and way too much). When I'm about to take on a new task, I consume information too quickly, and try to take on too much, too soon. I have always been this way. And then I obsess until I get it 'right' - and the 'right' is only by my own standard. Which, I know is completely ludicrous.

That's just how I roll.

Which is why, dear friends, when I purchased my Fancy New Camera (it deserves it's own title, obviously), I didn't even crack open the box for the first 24 hours. I knew that once I opened it, I would consume and obsess and consume and obsess and consume and obsess until I gave myself a headache.

Lo and behold, I am sitting in my office with a pounding headache and a crapload of pictures.

So, here is what I'm learning:

1) Photography is a process. I cannot do it all at once.

2) My husband is fantastically patient with me.

































3) Antique stores love creepy faces. And heads.




















4) But they also have a lot of cool stuff (this one is a given).

































5) And Meg is pretty photogenic.






 
 

 

2 comments: